Joe’s Second Quarter ThoughtsNovember 15th, 2009
* Since early in the game, save a couple of plays, the Bucs defense has been playing well.
* The Bucs, not a good defense at all, are proving why running the option in the NFL is a worthless attempt.
* Damn. Third and 16 and the Dolphins convert. Barrett Ruud was playing centerfield for some reason and wasn’t anywhere near a receiver.
* Joe likes the diversity of the Dolphins offense. Wildcat, option, pro-style. Fun to watch, so long as your team isn’t playing the Dolphins.
* Phins are starting to figure out the Bucs have no pass rush and as a result Henne is starting to carve the Bucs up.
* Bucs are doing OK, not great, not good, but OK against the run.
* Well, three points is still a helluva lot better than a touchdown and the game is still a one-score game. Com’ on Tito, now hang on to the ball this series.
* Third fumble by Freeman!!! This is getting ridiculous.
* Caddy up the middle. Let’s try that again soon.
* Wow, nice run by Freeman, somehow escaping a jailbreak rush by the Phins. Somewhere, Carmella Garcia is smiling. First down.
* First down run to the left by Cadillac after a fine block by Penn.
* Four-yard gain by Derrick Ward up the middle. Hhhm, this is a good sign.
* Let’s see what Tito can do on third-and-five.
* Dave Moore on the Bucs radio network claims Freeman is taking too long to make a decision on his three-step drops.
* Great catch by Sammie Stroughter though it is a yard short of the first down. Why not go for it? Raheem the Dream doesn’t. The way Freeman is fumbling, a quarterback sneak is not smart.
* Joe thinks the Bucs have found a kicker. He boots a 53-yard field goal to pull the Bucs within three. This is after he nails a 51-yard field goal. Connor Barth.
* Good play on holding the Dolphins to a short gain on the pass play but Joe thought he saw a clip on the play.
* Tim Crowder was about ready to smother Henne when he dumped the ball off for an incompletion. Sure helps to get heat on the quarterback.
* Draw play. Tanard Jackson with a massive collision to save a first down.
* OK, 95 yards in two minutes down three. Do the Bucs just run the clock out? Freeman better not fumble again here.
* Nothing for Cadillac. Timeout Fish. Joe smells at least a Dolphins field goal coming.
* Oh, geez! Bucs REALLY dodged a bullet. Joe has never been so happy to see Michael Clayton drop a pass. That was a catch on the replay. That should be a touchdown. Damn.
* Gene Deckerhoff that Connor Barth made Bucs history. The Bucs place kicker is the first to make two field goals in the same game over 50 yards.
* Wow. Clayton looked like he was down. This is a game-changer.
* Well, there is six points Miami can thank the zebras for. Terrible. Bucs got royally hosed.
* Man, the last two minutes have been awful for the Bucs. Could be a 10-point swing.
* Hayes is playing amazing this first half, now breaking up a pass play that would have been a first down.
* Ronnie Brown gets first down on a perfect screen pass. Quincy Black did his best to see that Brown’s play was successful.
* Aqib Talib got schooled by a guy that was just pulled off the practice squad. It was good coverage but man the guy made a move on Talib. That written, Talib wasn’t going to give up the long pass.
* Get Sabby out of the friggin’ game!
* Yep. That’s a 10-point swing in the final two minutes. Now it’s a two-touchdown game. Was a three-point game until the zebras decided to screw the Bucs.