Notes And News From Bucs Training CampAugust 6th, 2013
Here are some news, notes and highlights of the Bucs’ last public practice before Thursday’s preseason game against the Baltimore Crows at the Stadium on Dale Mabry Highway.
* Whistle blows play dead as there was a jailbreak on Mike Glennon. Markus White would have buried him if hitting QB allowed.
* Glennon (!) scrambles for a four-yard gain.
* Michael Adams nearly has pick of Glennon over middle.
* JF5 pass short to MW19 along left sideline and Rashaan Melvin breaks up pass.
* Under pressure, Freeman throws ball at feet of RB. Same fan earlier hollering for Glennon barks at Freeman for not throwing pick.
* JF5 rolls right, perfect pass to MW19 right sideline.
* JF5 screen over middle to Crabtree who is lit up by Lavonte David for short gain.
* JF5 to MW19 to left. Pressure from Te’o.
* Some two-minute drilling with fake crowd noise blaring.
* Fake crowd noise!
* A Michael Smith sighting. Glennon hands to Smith who stops before hitting line and throws a pass over the middle to Danny Noble for TD.
* Glennon hits Tiquan Underwood in back of end zone for about a 20 yard TD.
* Glennon patient in his progressions and hits Peyton Hillis to the left side
* Freeman throws a rare incompletion and some fan in stands starts hollering for Mike Glennon.
* Lotta chatter about Chris Owusu, Rashaan Melvin and Mike Williams in camp. Deservedly so. But Doug Martin is really sticking out as well.
* Wrong route? Freeman throws bomb and no one home. Leonard Johnson an easy pick.
* Leonard, meet Lavonte David. That is a two-yard loss.
* JF5 rolls left and nails Mike Williams in numbers along left sideline.
*Da’Quan Bowers is rushing inside a lot on passing downs. Lots of Stephen Means outside. Little Akeem Spence in pass rush.
*Kevin Ogletree is repeatedly the No. 3 wide receiver.
*Dashon Godlson breaks up a fourth-down throw to VJax in a two-minute offense period. Goldson is excited.
* Mike Williams goes low to grab JF5 pass.
* JF5 screen over middle to Tim Wright. Pass hits Wright in numbers. Normally, short passes like that are JF5’s Achilles.
* Sorry for repetition: Doug Martin is in mid-season form.
* Kicker hopeful Derek Demke mises 53-yard field goal wide right with Greg Schiano on the field observing. It had the distance, though.
* Glennon low pass over middle to Derek Hagan for first down. Dimke runs out to kick a roughly 38-yard field goal. It’s good! Horn blows twice signaling practice is over.