Falcons Watch: 16 Days

August 26th, 2016


They’re singing a very familiar tune in Atlanta, as the Falcons prepare to host the Bucs in the first real football game of 2016.

It’s a song Bucs fans know well.

The sad Atlanta pass rush, anchored by 2015 first-round bust pick Vic Beasley, who was moved from defensive end to linebacker this offseason, is up to its old tricks.

It’s anemic.

“Nah, it ain’t working right now,” Beasley told BSPN after last night’s preseason game. “I have to go to the film room, go to the practice film, and try to critique some thing. It is (frustrating) at times. I just know I have to keep working.”

Joe was sad watching that game. Former Bucs first-round fail Adrian Clayborn, still with the Falcons after his historic loaf against the Bucs last year, was injured. He might not play opening day against Tampa Bay. That’s bad news for Bucs fans.

28 Responses to “Falcons Watch: 16 Days”

  1. Buccaneer Bonzai Says:

    Joe has not asked for predictions yet (he usually waits until the week the season starts), but I’ll give a hint on my prediction for game 1.

    We will lose that first game.

    I’ll explain why I think this in the predictions thread once it’s posted.

  2. Buccaneer Bonzai Says:

    Let the hating commence.

  3. BucTrooper Says:

    It’s just arrogant that you think we’re sitting here creaming our shorts waiting for your prediction like we’re waiting for the puff of smoke at the Vatican when a new Pope is selected.

  4. Alan Says:

    Bonzai , you might want to get you’re head checked😂

  5. Jjuice32 Says:

    Well said Troop
    Speaking of creaming his shorts, I bet you Koetter is creaming his after watching 2 rookie LB’s start last night and Beasley. We all saw last yr. how undisciplined a rookie LB can be on play action.(Kwon)

  6. Buccfan37 Says:

    Not bad odds, 50% chance of being wrong, a pick em. Falcons will be favored by about 4 points I’m guessing. I’ll take the Bucs and those points for the win.

  7. The Buc Realist Says:

    WOW!!! This is a historic day!!!! For the first time I know of, Joe has finally said that adrian slowborn is a “fail” !!!!!!! Congrads Joe, and welcome to the party!!!!!!!!!

  8. pete Says:

    I’d like to see Bucs start with “No Huddle” vs Falcons!

  9. Mike Johnson Says:

    Say Bonzai..I actually think ATL in Atlanta is a very winnable game for us. Again, we gotta be ready. Now that next game in Glendale, AZ against the Cardinals..is an altogether different story.

  10. Jeagan1999 Says:

    I live about an hour north of Atlanta, and will be at the game with my wife on Sept. 11! Looking forward to it!

    Are you ready for some football!!!

  11. flmike Says:

    I watched the Miami/Atl game last night. Ryan looks beyond uncomfortable in that offense. That pick in threw in the red zone was horrible, he didn’t even look, he got the shotgun snap and just unloaded the ball into the middle of coverage.

  12. Tampabaybucfan Says:

    Had to book my annual trip to Tampa before the schedule was set…..will be there for the first two games (away)…….but will be watching with most of you……I will offset Bonzai and predict a win……the last few years I’ve been right about a third of the time….

  13. SB with Jameis Says:

    Well I can tell All of you who joined the JoeBucsFan.com Pickem league that I have already picked the Bucs to win in week one

  14. Hawaiian Buc Says:

    I think the Atlanta game is absolutely critical for us. More than likely we will lose week 2 at Arizona, so we have to avoid going 0-2. If we go 0-2, the bottom could literally fall out.

  15. SB with Jameis Says:

    I am confident of one thing. With the extra motivation that Koetter and M Smith have to win that game I am sure that they will pull out all the stops

  16. Doctor Stroud Says:

    Is it already the point in the year when the Buccaneers-Media-Complex report on the weaknesses of the Bucs’ opponents only then to see our hopes dashed when the opponents’ weaknesses all of a sudden turn into strengths? This happens almost every time we face backup QBs (e.g., Derek Anderson) who then look like Hall of Fame/Pro Bowlers against our defense. That’s the only “song” that I see here, and I’m not falling for it. Look for an “anemic” Falcons front four to harass America’s Quarterback all over the field with Adrian “first-round fail”/”historic loaf” Clayborn to have at least two sacks against his former team. I pray that I’m wrong! Yes, the natives are restless!

  17. Jerry G Says:

    I think i dont give a crap whos out of the 1st season game cause all u know is we finally have a pass rush that will cause the qb to hurry on throws and cause interceptions in the fly zone by either Grimes or VH3!people may wanna compare us to other defenses but i have news for you bucs fans!we’re our own breed of defense and we will siege the day and wreak havoc on all NFL teams in the way of the Lombardi Trophy!


  18. LargoBuc Says:

    I for one am so sick of national types, really any media outside of Tampa, refer to last years series as some sort of fluke. Like the Falcons are superior to us. I say bull spit. Other Than Julio and Jake Matthews, I will take the Bucs at every single position, including qb.
    And all we hear about is how thin we are at receiver, which is true, but look at Atlanta! Outside of Julio they got zilch! I would take VJax and Hump over Sanu and Hardy, and it aint close!

  19. Buccaneer Bonzai Says:

    I should have clarified.

    I give the Bucs a 40% chance to win…which means the Falcons will more likely win with a 60% chance.

    Doesn’t mean the Bucs cannot win, just that my percentage is against it.


    That’s not it at all. The prediction thread is an annual tradition here, and many of us here hold back our final predictions until then.

    However, I did invite the insults by saying “let the hating begin.”

  20. Buccaneer Bonzai Says:

    Hawaiian Buc Says
    “I think the Atlanta game is absolutely critical for us. More than likely we will lose week 2 at Arizona, so we have to avoid going 0-2. If we go 0-2, the bottom could literally fall out.”

    I disagree. But I won’t go into why right now.

  21. Bucsfanman Says:

    According to my TRS-80, The Bucs have a 86.75309 of beating Atlanta!

  22. Bucsfanman Says:


  23. Lord Cornelius Says:

    God I can’t wait for Buccaneer Bonzai’s predictions on games & records. It’s the only reason I come here

  24. Stpetebucsfan Says:

    I think this could be the year Joe can no longer type the 4th best QB in the Division. In fact this is the year that #3 moves into the role of the main challenger to Cam.

    Brees has a few more years left but he ain’t getting any younger and I think #3 is already better than Matty Ice. Watched some of that Falcons Dolphins game and came away unimpressed.

  25. iamabuc Says:

    The way I see it, we’ll own Atlanta this year, they ain’t that great; New orleans, don’t scare me, and our only threat is Cam, who I still believe we can beat. Our defense will take care of him, and Jameis is going to light it up. This is the year we retake the NFC South.

  26. NJBucsFan Says:

    I heard we just got Tennessee Ready

  27. Buccfan37 Says:

    Need to turn the slow cooker up a notch.

  28. Pickgrin Says:

    I wonder how many JBF readers – like myself – are on the edge of their seats just waiting to read Bonzai’s detailed explanation of why Atlanta has a 60% chance of winning that 1st game. I’m literally riveted and counting the days until the “predictions” thread comes out.