Happenings From Bucs Practice Day 8August 2nd, 2013
Here are the sights, news and nuggets from this morning’s Bucs practice Day 8 of training camp 2013.
* Freeman already putting on a show with back shoulder throws on target to VJax, MW19 and Chris Owusu.
* Don’t see Revis. Must be his scheduled day off. (No sarcasm.)
* Kevin Ogletree fights with Carl Deveron to get separation for an over-the-shoulder catch and a TD.
* Tale of two corners. On successive plays, Rashaan Melvin covers like a second skin and Mike Adams is left in the dust on pass drills.
* Early in practice but it seems JF5 picked up where he left off yesterday. Really accurate. Looks like totally different QB from last week.
* Some savvy dad brought his toddler to practice and sits front row. Every cheerleader stops. Like bringing a puppy to a beach.
* Apologize for being repetitive. Freeman has been uncanny with his accuracy. Thrown one inaccurate pass but rest have been bulls-eyes.
* Sean Baker jumps a route on Kevin Ogletree and nearly picks Mike Glennon.
* Doug Martin tries to run up middle, no room, bounces outside right for nice gain.
* Hint: Mike James has had much more work with first and second team offense this week than Michael Smith. You do the math.
* Doug Martin is in midseason form.
* Nate Byham slow to get up from a pass play.
* Freeman to Ogletree on a screen and Mike Adams jumps the route to break up pass.
* Branden Smith had excellent coverage on Derek Hagan down left sideline but Smith failed to turn around and Hagan makes nice play four big gain.
* VJax walks to bleachers where crowd is in s humidity coma and fires up the fans. “Lets go, whoo!”
* Doug Martin joins in revving up the crowd.
* Fake crowd noise!
* Freeman steps into the pocket and with enough time for dental exam hits wide open Chris Owusu down left sideline. Helps to wear a green jersey as well.
* Donald Penn simply manhandled Steven Means. The rookie flashed yesterday. Not so much today. Then again, yesterday Bucs were in pads; not today.
* How loud is fake crowd noise? Glennon had to cover both earholes to hear play call.
* Without a green jersey, Glennon would have been planted by Te’o.
* Very smooth out route and catch by Kevin Ogletree, working on Leonard Johnson.
* Anthony Gaitor with an aggressive breakup on a short throw.
* Lavonte David with a nice pass breakup on Owusu over the middle.
* V-Jax body control and catch in front of Dashon Goldson leaves Goldson happy their teammates.
* Two sharp throws in a row by Mike Glennon.
* Dan Orlovsky threads a needle to Eric Page in front of Rashaan Melvin.
* A drop by TE hopeful Tim Wright in a catch and run drill, where the catch is uncontested and coaches try to strip the ball.
* Mike James juggles a catch in this drill. Joe’s noticed that James’ hands are a clear notch below Brian Leonard’s.
* Pass interference Rashaan Melvin.
* You’re a cornerback, turn your head around, Branden Smith.
* Tip-toe catch on the sideline by Owusu.
* Doug Martin joins Vincent Jackson in revving up the crowd.
* Yes, there are injuries. Anthony Gaitor and Rashaan Melvin as first-team cornerbacks is Exhibit A.
* Glennon with two more consecutive tightly thrown completions in the two-minute offense.
* Awesome layout over the middle and fingertip grab by Eric Page from Adam Weber.
* Owusu, now working with the third team, with a drop.
* The third-team, two-minute-drill period ends with an Anthony Gaitor interception after a tip by safety Sean Baker.