Kellen Winslow Gave Greg Schiano AmmunitionMay 21st, 2012
Well. It’s one thing under the New Schiano Order not to work out with the team in the offseason, but perhaps it’s quite another to flaunt your absence in public.
Last week the Bucs held an OTA, and Kellen Winslow, along with Brian Price and Dezmon Briscoe were not to be found.
Price was hospitalized and unavailable. Briscoe, well, Joe will get into that maybe tomorrow. Winslow was being Winslow, what he usually did each offseason: working out in California.
But a week prior to the Bucs’ first OTA, Winslow found the time to fly to Las Vegas to DJ at the Hard Rock, per NFL.com’s Adam Rank.
“It was great,” Winslow said. “It was everything I thought it would be. I messed up on one song, but I don’t think anybody noticed.”
Winslow doesn’t have any future gigs lined up, but he would like to DJ after his playing days are done and eventually move on to producer.
Winslow started with hip-hop when he first started spinning seven years ago, going with performers such as 50 Cent, Nas, DMX, Ludacris and Busta Rhymes. Now he specializes in trance, techno and house music. But Winslow admits that he likes all kind of music. He admits 90 percent of the stuff he listens to is house, techno and trance, but as for the other 10 percent he enjoys Foo Fighters, Blink 182, Daughtry and Creed.
Color Joe not surprised. Since this was on NFL.com, Joe is sure new Bucs coach Greg Schiano got wind of this. And combine the fact Winslow couldn’t find the time to come to Tampa to work out with this teammates but found the time to go to Las Vegas to spin tunes, Schiano, like he did with Tanard Jackson, figured if you don’t want to be with the team, then you don’t need to be on the team.