Raheem, Pool Parties And Country MusicAugust 1st, 2009
Raheem The Dream took a break from sweating and yelling and coaching his Bucs Saturday afternoon to talk to Joe’s good friend Justin Pawlowski of WDAE-AM 620. Sadly, Joe was behind the wheel and couldn’t take full notes but Joe did catch a few interesting things:
* Pool party! Raheem the Dream said he is so happy that linebacker Barrett Ruud showed up to training camp he wants to have a pool party.
* Said that the Bucs should “embrace these elements” of the brutal Florida summer sun, practicing in full pads. “We are the only ones to have this [sweltering heat most of the season]. We need to take advantage of this when it’s 1 p.m. on Sundays.”
* Loved Kyle Moore getting pressure on the quarterback but nearly went Chucky on him because he had the gall to touch a quarterback (Joe’s wiseass comment: Since all the quarterbacks stink, so what if one of the quarterbacks receives a bruise?).
* Said he might go John McKay and wear a golf hat like McKay made famous when the Bucs break out their orange jerseys against Green Bay on Nov. 8.
* Likes the fans at training camp at One Buc Palace. “These are Tampa Bay fans,” Raheem The Dream said. He also said a good amount of fans at training camp in years past in Orlando were “tourists.”
* Claims he likes country music. When Raheem said he wanted to throw a pool party for Ruud, Pawlowski asked him what kind of music, knowing Raheem likes hardcore rap. Pawlowski said, “Ruud seems like more of a classic rock guy. Raheem said, “I do all kinds. People around Tampa have seen me out. I go all over. I’ve been to the Round Up.”
Joe has a difficult time picturing Raheem The Dream wearing a cowboy hat, stomping his boots to the tunes of Alabama.